Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools

So I was able to sneak out for a couple of hours late in the afternoon on the first day of trout season.  Now as anyone knows who lives in upstate NY this is typically a terrible day to fish.  The rivers are usually too cold and too high.  Not this year.  Our rivers are actually too low and too warm for this time of year.  My buddy Geoff called me @ 3 saying it was on Blue Quills and Hendricksons.  Blue Quills I understand this time of year, but Hendricksons, typically they are late April around these parts.  Non the less I met up with Geoff and banged this little beauty before the bugs ceased for the day.  Not only did I get a nice little trout is was on a Hendrickson adult pattern.  So weird.  I hope we get some rain in the not too distant future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment