Monday, April 11, 2016

Camoflage


This past weekend I bit managed to get myself out of bed early.  Decked out in full camo I headed to a spot that I like to watch birds.  It was an interesting experience noticing how the different species of birds responded to me.  The song and small birds acting like I wasn't there.  The herons and ducks however were very wary of me, the effects of hunting no doubt.  I saw an impressive number of species including an eagle (on the way home), osprey, blue jays, robins, chickadees, nuthatches, juncos, downy and pileated woodpeckers, cardinals, phoebes, red winged blackbirds, boat tailed grackles, crows, red tailed hawk, great blue herons, Canadian geese, mllard and wood ducks, hooded mergansers, mourning doves, belted kingfisher, flicker, titmice, and rusty blackbirds.
 This guy perched within ten feet for a few minutes. 
 Rusty Blackbirds were out in force.
 Freaking out upon spotting me.
 Next to the road on the long way home.
Kestrel on the long way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment