Friday, October 16, 2015

Taking It all In

Last weekend found my wife and I taking our son for a hike.  His teenage enthusiasm was let us just say, less than stellar.  When he realized that we were not budging, he pretty much surrendered to the inevitable.  Lucky for us, it was a perfect fall day.  The sun was warm, but not hot. There was a little bite in the air at 10 am when we started out and bluebird skies.  The vista from the top did not disappoint.  For me, seeing my son appreciating what I hold dear, filled me with gratitude and love.  He's not ready or excited to go on an overnight backpacking trip anytime soon but there is now a foundation to build upon in terms of more exposure to mother nature.
 
 Getting ready to head out
 
 Light on the trail.
 
 The beginning of the transformation.  Note the headphones.  



Below are vista's we were treated to.




 

Below taking it all in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment