Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tying base V 3.0

Two winters ago I built myself a nice little tying base. As soon as I started using it, many improvements became clear. So last winter I built another one that while good in theory, the improvements I envisioned didn't materialize. Version two was used for a short while and many mental notes were made and final preparations we in place to create my ultimate tying base.

The raw Cherry from the store Rough cut after joining and planning. Test layout, all pieces in place.  Now for some drilling, lots of sanding and glue. Drilled, sanded and clamped The final product including brass rods inserted for thread, and matting for the bottoms of the holes. All equipment added (room for more) and fully functional. The back row holes have several 3" holes and the rest are 2". The others are 1.5, 1.25, 1 and 5/8". My favorite touches are the angled holes for the bodkins on the right and the slot for the razor blade.  All in all I'm pleased with the layout, it is a joy to work with.

2 comments: