Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An Introduction

Welcome to Brookside Hillybilly, my photography blog.    My name is Robin Hill and this is going to be my  photography blog.  In it will be mostly pictures of fly fishing with some outdoor pictures sprinkled it. 

For my first post I will post some False Albacore pics as they are one of my favorite fish and it is Albie season here in the Northeast.  Ablies remind me of alien rocket ships with their stream line bodies, with places to tuck away their fins so as to create less drag. It never creases to amaze me how strong these fish are.  They only weight 6-12 lbs in New England but they will buckle a 9 wt. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend chasing them with the fly rod.  
One of the things I love about looking at them are the worm like patterns on their backs.  They have such cool shades of green and silver on their bodies.  As usual it is difficult to truly capture their colors.

    Love the sheen of the ablies.



   Built for speed.



   Love the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment