Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Brookie Love





While on our yearly fishing trip to the fabled Delaware River we hit a small brook trout stream on the way home. There is something deeply special about brook trout fishing in a small stream.  Maybe a part of it has to simply do with that fact that this is the type of fishing that I cut my teeth on growing up although with worms and not a fly rod.   Fishing such small intimate water that demands short but precise casts that are consistently rewarded with the eager take of wild brook trout filled me with immense satisfaction.  Part of that satisfaction had to do with the casting and another just marveling at the stunning beauty of our native trout.  Well that's enough of my spewing I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  Also there was a bit of a surprise in this little creek more on that later.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment